The International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies(ISQOLS) is an international society whose purpose are to promote and encourage research in the field of quality-of-life (QOL) studies.
Established in 1995 by a group of academic colleagues who have long engaged in quality-of-life research, ISQOLS became an interdisciplinary and professional home that binds scientists doing quality of life or well-being research in the basic and applied social and behavioral sciences.
In the last 20 years, ISQOLS has become a globally-recognized professional organization, with its own publications, journals, conferences, and identity. ISQOLS mission focuses on creating a paradigm shift within traditional academic disciplines and to transform “Quality-of-Life” studies into an academic discipline in its own right. The goal is to establish academic degree programs, departments, and schools within institutions of higher education worldwide, all focused on the science of well-being. The ultimate goal is to help with the creation, dissemination, and utilization of knowledge of the science of well-being across all walks of life.
Specifically, the general objectives of the Society are:
- To provide an organization through which all academic and professional researchers interested in QOL studies may coordinate their efforts to advance the field of QOL studies within various disciplines.
- To assume leadership in academic circles (and/or establish guidelines) for an objective and scientific appraisal of the impact of products, programs, services, organizations, and/or institutions on the QOL of society and selected groups (e.g., populations segments, communities, countries).
- To stimulate interdisciplinary research in QOL studies within managerial (policy), behavioral, social, medical, and environmental sciences.
- To develop closer liaisons across academic disciplines such as marketing, management, economics, sociology, psychology, communications, political science, hospitality, housing, education, public administration, health care, environmental sciences, medical sciences, and others where QOL research is being pursued.
- To encourage closer cooperation among scholars engaged in QOL studies in developing better measures and methods of QOL for various groups (at various levels of analyses) and better QOL intervention strategies and policies.
- To develop closer liaisons with other organizations associated with QOL studies to help develop a network of QOL researchers and organizations world-wide.
- To play a role of a social change agent to bring about policies to foster QOL of various segments of society based on solid scientific study of QOL.
Join us! Become an ISQOLS member today!