Applied Research in Quality of Life: Call for Papers for a Special Conference Issue
Call for Papers for a Special Conference Issue
A publishing opportunity for participants in the 2018 ISQOLS Conference (“Promotion of Quality of Life in the Changing World”)
Applied Research in Quality of Life is the official Journal of the International Society for Quality of Life Studies (www.isqols.org).
Special issue(s) of ARQOL will be compiled from papers presented at the 2018 ISQOLS conference. The conference theme is “Promotion of Quality of Life in the Changing World”. While special issue(s) will represent papers from across disciplines and perspectives, it is anticipated that the conference theme will be addressed as far as possible. To submit, follow the attached online instructions at (please add). When submitting your paper, please note that it is for the 2018 ISQOLS Conference Issue. For more information on the special issue for the conference, please contact Daniel Shek, Editor-in-Chief (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are interested in guest editing a special issue for the 2018 ISQOLS Conference based on a particular theme, please note the Instructions for publishing a special issue in ARQOL.
Instructions to Prepare a Special Issue for Applied Research in Quality of Life
- Colleagues who are interested to publish a special issue of Applied Research in Quality of Life should send a Special Issue proposal to the Editor-in-Chief. The proposal should contain the following information:
- A brief introduction about the Guest Editor(s) and the related CV(s)
- Scope and objectives of the Special Issue
- Proposed papers in the Special Issue
- Proposed time line
- Once approval is given by the Editor-in-Chief, the Guest Editor(s) may start inviting submission for the Special Issue.
- Each paper should be reviewed by at least TWO independent referees invited by the Guest Editor(s). The Guest Editor(s) will then process the manuscripts (e.g., invitation for revision, acceptance and review …etc.) according to the review reports of the reviewers.
- For each paper, the author must ask a native English speaking editor to edit the English of the final version of the paper.
- ARQOL only publishes papers with high academic quality. As such, the Guest Editor(s) should ensure that the papers accepted should meet the international standard and they are on par with papers published in the regular issues of ARQOL.
- When the whole review process is completed, the Guest Editor(s) should submit the following items to the Editor-in-Chief:
- Final version of the manuscripts
- Reviewer reports for each paper
- Editorial decision letters (including those for revisions and acceptance)
- Once the Editor-in-Chief receives the materials in #6, he will go through the materials to ensure that the Special Issue papers are of high academic quality and the papers have been processed in a professional manner. If the quality assurance process suggests that the Special Issue has been professionally prepared and the papers are of high academic quality, the Editor-in-Chief will accept the Special Issue for publication and inform the authors accordingly.
- In 2018, the expected length of an issue is 268 pages with 14 articles (word count for each page is around 525 words). As such, the expected length of a paper is around 10,000 words. In case the number of papers is not enough, the related papers will be published as a Special Section of an issue.