ARQOL: Call for Papers for a Special Conference Issue
Applied Research in Quality of Life (ARQOL): Call for Papers for a Special Conference Issue
A publishing opportunity for participants in the 2016 ISQOLS Conference (“Bridging quality-of-life experiences from East to West”)
Applied Research in Quality of Life is the official Journal of the International Society for Quality of Life Studies (www.isqols.org).
Special issue(s) of ARQOL will be compiled from papers presented at the 2016 ISQOLS conference. The conference theme is “Bridging quality-of-life experiences from East to West”. While special issue(s) will represent papers from across disciplines and perspectives, it is anticipated that the conference theme will be addressed when possible.
1. If enough papers from the conference are submitted, ARQOL will create a special issue based on the conference papers.
2. If colleagues are interested, they can propose special issues based on conference papers.
To submit your paper, follow the online instructions at http://www.springer.com/social+sciences/wellbeing+%26+quality-of-life/journal/11482. When submitting your paper, note that it is for the 2016 ISQOLS Conference Issue. For more information on the conference issue, contact any of the 2016 Conference Committee members, or Daniel Shek (firstname.lastname@example.org) Editor. Instructions for publishing a special issue in ARQOL can be seen below.
If you would like to instead organize your own special issue for ARQOL, please see the following instructions:
Instructions to Prepare a Special Issue for Applied Research in Quality of Life
- Colleagues who are interested to publish a special issue of Applied Research in Quality of Life should send a Special Issue proposal to the Editor-in-Chief. The proposal should contain the following information:
- A brief introduction about the Guest Editor(s) and the related CV(s)
- Scope and objectives of the Special Issue
- Proposed papers in the Special Issue
- Proposed time line
- Once approval is given by the Editor-in-Chief, the Guest Editor(s) may start inviting submission for the Special Issue.
- Each paper should be reviewed by at least TWO independent referees invited by the Guest Editor(s). The Guest Editor(s) will then process the manuscripts (e.g., invitation for revision, acceptance and review …etc.) according to the review reports of the reviewers.
- For each paper, the author must ask a native English speaking editor to edit the English of the final version of the paper.
- ARQOL only publishes papers with high academic quality. As such, the Guest Editor(s) should ensure that the papers accepted should meet the international standard and they are on par with papers published in the regular issues of ARQOL.
- When the whole review process is completed, the Guest Editor(s) should submit the following items to the Editor-in-Chief:
- Final version of the manuscripts
- Reviewer reports for each paper
- Editorial decision letters (including those for revisions and acceptance)
- Once the Editor-in-Chief receives the materials in #6, he will go through the materials to ensure that the Special Issue papers are of high academic quality and the papers have been processed in a professional manner. If the quality assurance process suggests that the Special Issue has been professionally prepared and the papers are of high academic quality, the Editor-in-Chief will accept the Special Issue for publication and inform the authors accordingly.