Introducing ISQOLS Discussion Groups & Group Director Positions!
ISQOLS DISCUSSION GROUPS
GROUP DIRECTOR POSITIONS!
ISQOLS By-laws state that our members be given opportunities to interact, coordinate, serve in leadership roles, and pursue interdisciplinary research across a variety of disciplines. To better accomplish these goals, ISQOLS has created six categorical and thematic discussion groups within the organization. These discipline-specific groups, help focus attention on specific topics and categories within Quality-of-Life studies and help define "quality-of-life" in more tangible and applicable ways. It also helps ISQOLS move towards interdisciplinary research by encouraging members to interact with researchers from different backgrounds based upon a similar interest in a particular category.
All six Discussion Groups will be primarily facilitated online on the isqols.org website, via the online forums. Each group will be represented at the ISQOLS Annual Conferences as “program tracks” for paper and presentation submissions.
All ISQOLS Members are invited to join any Discussion Group of interest on our forums page on our website: http://www.isqols.org/forums/.
Select any group, introduce yourself, post, read, comment on the forum topics.
What to post: Any links to chapter-related articles, blogs, topics, videos, journals, etc.; Discussion posts or ideas; Any questions you have for QoL professionals or ISQOLS members; Any comments or answers to posted questions; Job postings and research opportunities; Request for feedback on personal research
Subscribe to receive updates in your inbox whenever there is an update on this forum. You can also unsubscribe any time.
ISQOLS DISCUSSION GROUP DIRECTOR POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Positions available: 6, one for each of the 6 ISQOLS Discussion Groups
Position duration: 2016 calendar year
Positions description: Each of the 6 ISQOLS Discussion Group requires a Director for the annual year. The primary role of each Discussion Group Director is to facilitate his/her Discussion Group’s online presence on the isqols.org website and encourage online interaction via the group forums. Discussion Group Directors will also play a large role in paper submission process for ISQOLS Annual Conferences. (see below for details)
The title of ISQOLS Discussion Group Director
Experience in an ISQOLS leadership role
Official ISQOLS Discussion Group Director Certificate at the end of service year
1. Managing Discussion Group Forums:
• Each Discussion Group Director will be responsible for managing his/her respective group forum on the isqols.org website (http://www.isqols.org/forums/)
• Posting relevant content (articles, discussion questions, external links, job opportunities, research, blogs, etc.) at least twice per month in his/her respective Discussion Group forum on website
• Moderate the Discussion Group forums by welcoming new forum guests, responding to user posts, removing and reporting inappropriate content, ensuring all discussions are respectful and courteous
• Highlighting any specific news/items related to their Discussion Group topics.
2. Serving on Conference Scientific Committee
• Each Discussion Group Director will also asked to serve on conference scientific committees, to select appropriate papers related to their Discussion Group.
• Each Discussion Group Director will also serve as track/session chairs if they attend the conference.
• Must be a current ISQOLS Member (any and all geographical locations welcomed!)
• Must be able to show demonstrated knowledge and experience with selected discussion group, either via relevant research and/or employment
Discussion Group Director Application Procedure:
To apply for a Discussion Group Director position, please visit http://www.isqols.org/stay-connected/discussiongroups/ to complete an application form.
If you would like to nominate a fellow ISQOLS Member to serve as a Discussion Group Director, please send his/her name to email@example.com