Do you have some ISQOLS-related news, event announcement or reading recommendation you want to see published? Even as a non-member, you can post it directly to our site.
» Create news entry
ISQOLS DISCUSSION GROUPS
GROUP DIRECTOR POSITIONS!
ISQOLS By-laws state that our members be given opportunities to interact, coordinate, serve in leadership roles, and pursue interdisciplinary research across a variety of disciplines. To better accomplish these goals, ISQOLS has created six categorical and thematic discussion groups within the organization. These discipline-specific groups, help focus attention on specific topics and categories within Quality-of-Life studies and help define “quality-of-life” in more tangible and applicable ways. It also helps ISQOLS move towards interdisciplinary research by encouraging members to interact with researchers from different backgrounds based upon a similar interest in a particular category.
All six Discussion Groups will be primarily facilitated online on the isqols.org website, via the online forums. Each group will be represented at the ISQOLS Annual Conferences as “program tracks” for paper and presentation submissions.
All ISQOLS Members are invited to join any Discussion Group of interest on our forums page on our website: http://www.isqols.org/forums/.
Select any group, introduce yourself, post, read, comment on the forum topics.
What to post: Any links to chapter-related articles, blogs, topics, videos, journals, etc.; Discussion posts or ideas; Any questions you have for QoL professionals or ISQOLS members; Any comments or answers to posted questions; Job postings and research opportunities; Request for feedback on personal research
Subscribe to receive updates in your inbox whenever there is an update on this forum. You can also unsubscribe any time.
ISQOLS DISCUSSION GROUP DIRECTOR POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Positions available: 6, one for each of the 6 ISQOLS Discussion Groups
Position duration: 2016 calendar year
Positions description: Each of the 6 ISQOLS Discussion Group requires a Director for the annual year. The primary role of each Discussion Group Director is to facilitate his/her Discussion Group’s online presence on the isqols.org website and encourage online interaction via the group forums. Discussion Group Directors will also play a large role in paper submission process for ISQOLS Annual Conferences. (see below for details)
The title of ISQOLS Discussion Group Director
Experience in an ISQOLS leadership role
Official ISQOLS Discussion Group Director Certificate at the end of service year
1. Managing Discussion Group Forums:
• Each Discussion Group Director will be responsible for managing his/her respective group forum on the isqols.org website (http://www.isqols.org/forums/)
• Posting relevant content (articles, discussion questions, external links, job opportunities, research, blogs, etc.) at least twice per month in his/her respective Discussion Group forum on website
• Moderate the Discussion Group forums by welcoming new forum guests, responding to user posts, removing and reporting inappropriate content, ensuring all discussions are respectful and courteous
• Highlighting any specific news/items related to their Discussion Group topics.
2. Serving on Conference Scientific Committee
• Each Discussion Group Director will also asked to serve on conference scientific committees, to select appropriate papers related to their Discussion Group.
• Each Discussion Group Director will also serve as track/session chairs if they attend the conference.
• Must be a current ISQOLS Member (any and all geographical locations welcomed!)
• Must be able to show demonstrated knowledge and experience with selected discussion group, either via relevant research and/or employment
Discussion Group Director Application Procedure:
To apply for a Discussion Group Director position, please visit http://www.isqols.org/stay-connected/discussiongroups/ to complete an application form.
If you would like to nominate a fellow ISQOLS Member to serve as a Discussion Group Director, please send his/her name to firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 ISQOLS Annual Conference
Paper Abstracts and Workshop Proposals are now being accepted online!
January 15-March 15
Paper Abstracts and Workshop Proposals are now being accepted for the 2016 ISQOLS Annual Conference in Seoul, South Korea. Visit the 2016 Annual Conference website for Instructions and links to the submission pages and online submission site (http://www.isqolsseoul2016.org/)
All Paper Abstracts and Workshop Proposal submissions must be submitted through the online submission website. Only electronic submissions will be considered for review.
- Paper Abstracts for Session Presentations Submission Deadline: March 15th
- Pre-conference Workshop Proposals Submission Deadline: March 15th
- Review Process begins March 16th
- Decisions Rendered: Late March/Early April
- Conference Registration begins March 1st
- Presenter Confirmation Deadline: May 15th
- Presenter Registration Deadline (All presenters must be registered): June 25th
Happy New Year!
The International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies invites you to JOIN US AS A NEW MEMBER or RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP for 2016!
Why Join ISQOLS?
Read our 2016 Membership Brochure!
We have recently published a report (online book) about “Health and Quality of life in Institutionalized Older Adults with Dementia”, in Spanish. The book has been edited by M. João Forjaz and Carmen Rodriguez Blazquez (Health Institute Carlos III) and authored by researchers in several Spanish institutions.
This book might be of great interest for the Spanish and Portuguese speaking researchers.
The book “Salud y calidad de vida de personas mayores con demencia institucionalizadas”, published by the Institute of Health Carlos III, Spain, is freely available at:
Thanking you in advance.
|Affiliation of the editors:
|Mª Joao Forjaz, PhD
Científica titular OPIS/Scientific Researcher
Instituto de Salud Carlos III/Health Institute Carlos III
Escuela Nacional de Sanidad/National School of Public Health
Avda. Monforte de Lemos, 5
28029 Madrid (Spain)
|Carmen Rodríguez-Blázquez, PhD
Centro Nacional de Epidemiología/National Centre of Epidemiology
Instituto de Salud Carlos III/Carlos III Institute of Health
Avda. Monforte de Lemos, 5
28029 Madrid (Spain)
Journal of Happiness Studies, Volume 16 Number 5 is now available online.
Quality of Life Research, Volume 24 Number 11 is now available online.
Agentic, communal, and spiritual traits are related to the semantic representation of written narratives of positive and negative life events
Garcia D, Anckarsäter H, Kjell O, Archer T, Rosenberg P, Cloninger C, Sikström S
Psychology of Well-Being 2015, 5 :8 (8 September 2015)
Workplace Well-Being: The Role of Job Crafting and Autonomy Support
Slemp G, Kern M, Vella-Brodrick D
Psychology of Well-Being 2015, 5 :7 (25 August 2015)
The Happiness and Well-Being Project, led by Dan Haybron of Saint Louis University, invites early career
researchers in philosophy, the sciences, theology and religious studies to submit applications for a four-day
summer workshop aimed at integrating scientific, philosophical, and religious perspectives on well-being. For
the purposes of this workshop, “early career” or “junior” ranges from advanced graduate students to recently
tenured faculty (preferably no more than 2-3 years past tenure).
The four-day workshop will take the form of a retreat in a secluded cloud forest location in Bajos del Toro,
Costa Rica, from June 21-24, 2016.
Social Indicators Research, Volume 124 Number 1 is now available online.