• » Homepage
  • » Reply To: Integrating Mental Health to improve QoL of women in Povert Settings in Africa

Reply To: Integrating Mental Health to improve QoL of women in Povert Settings in Africa

Home Forums DISCUSSION GROUP IV: COMMUNITY & SUSTAINABILITY Integrating Mental Health to improve QoL of women in Povert Settings in Africa Reply To: Integrating Mental Health to improve QoL of women in Povert Settings in Africa

Scott Cloutier
Participant

Hi Gladys!

Very nice to meet you as well! Congratulations on completing your doctorate and on your work with Maasai women! I completely agree that you can assist with the inclusion and building of QoL metrics for your country. My first suggestion is to look into the research to see who else has done some work with Maasai around this. I am sure you know of some studies but I encourage you to reach out to the authors directly. You can also connect with Joe Sirgy, who knows a good deal about QoL indicators and even leads a certification program around them. Lastly, I encourage you to go after your passions to create and implement these measures. I have done something similar with connections between neighborhoods and happiness and continue to hone the work I have done previously. If I can be of any support, please email me directly at Scott.Cloutier@asu.edu. Take care!

Scott