» Topic: Welcome & Guidelines - International Society for Quality of Life Studies - ISQOLS

Welcome & Guidelines

Home Forums DISCUSSION GROUP V: QOL RESEARCH METHODS Welcome & Guidelines

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PhD Political Science Graciela Haydee Tonon 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jill Johnson
    Keymaster

Hello! Welcome to the forum for ISQOLS DISCUSSION GROUP V: QOL RESEARCH METHODS

This forum will be used to discuss Quality-of-Life topics in relation to: Environment, Sustainability, Society, Social Work,Community, Neighborhoods, Family, Childhood, Adolescents, Adulthood
    Forum guidelines:
    ALL are welcome to post, read, comment on the forum topics.
    This forum is monitored by the Discussion Group Director. If you have any concerns or suggestions, please contact the director or office@isqols.org
    What to post:
    Any links to group-related articles, blogs, topics, videos, journals, etc.
    Discussion posts or ideas
    Any questions you have for QoL professionals or ISQOLS members
    Any comments or answers to posted questions
    Job postings and research opportunities
    Request for feedback on personal research
    What not to post:
    Unrelated topics, posts, articles.
    Unkind, unhelpful, rude comments. Be respectful and considerate
    Solicitations of any kind
    Subscribe to this forum!
    Subscribe to receive updates in your inbox whenever there is an update on this forum. You can also unsubscribe any time.

Prof. Katarzyna Wac
    Participant

Dear Jill,
    I am happy to contribute to the “Methods” section with a mixed-method approach, which I employ in my Living Lab, “in the wild” settings.
    I essentially have 1) cumulative surveys/interviews, 2) Day reconstruction Method interview/diary 3) Ecological Momentary Assessment and 4) smartphone context logger. The triangulation of these methods helps to assess a phenomena I am researching e.g., intimacy perception or stress in a continuous, longitudinal, unobtrusive and accurate manner, comparing to ‘just’ questionnaires. I am about to publish a paper on the method and its reproducibility concerns.

Given that, how can I contribute to this group, please?

Regards
    Katarzyna Wac

Dear Katarzyna
    I am Graciela the Director of the Group. Many thanks for this message and very welcome to the group !.
    I invite you to share with us your work, it will be very interesting to read it and speak about it.
    Regards
    Graciela

Prof. Katarzyna Wac
    Participant

Dear Graciela,

thank you! I will definitely share the paper.
    So far i have two related papers – overview of QoL technologies field.

Enjoy!
    Kate

Katarzyna Wac, Jenny-Margrethe Vej, Kimie Bodin Ryager, Quality of Life Technologies: From Fundamentals of Mobile Computing to Patterns of Sleep and Happiness (Poster), 5th EAI International Symposium on Pervasive Computing Paradigms for Mental Health (MindCare), Milan, Italy, September 2015. Poster: http://www.slideshare.net/KatarzynaWac/quality-of-life-technologies-from-fundamentals-of-mobile-computing-to-patterns-of-sleep-and-happiness

Katarzyna Wac, Maddalena Fiordelli, Mattia Gustarini, Homero Rivas, Quality of Life Technologies: Experiences from the Field and Key Research Challenges, IEEE Internet Computing, Special Issue: Personalized Digital Health, July/August 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/MIC.2015.52

Dear Kate
    Thank you very much for this.
    As it is the first time we have a forum like this I will ask ISQOLS Office to send the invitation to all the members to begin to participate so more people can read the publications you kindly share with us.
    We are in contact.
    Best wishes
    Graciela

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.